Friday, December 23, 2011

Welcome

Hello, I'm Lia, and this is my personal blog. As much as I'd like to leave you pondering over the blog title, I will let you in on the secret. It's a combination of a few things. The first being a thimble:


The thimble is the ultimate symbol of sewing. Although I rarely use thimbles when sewing, the does not mean that they are no less important. I have been sewing for 2 years now, and I have sewn 4 items of clothing. I'm currently working on making a few more, and if you follow this blog you can see my progress, and my creations. 

The second thing is Thumbelina:


She symbolizes childhood, magic, and imagination. Even though I'm almost 18, I'm young at heart. I love watching old Disney movies, and singing along. I'm not afraid to admit that I believe in magic, even if it's just in small things like love and friendship. I have an active imagination, that I try to let flow through drawing and music. If you continue to read my posts I hope to show you what I do with my imagination, and where it leads me.

The final thing is me. Lia. since this blog will be about me and my interactions in the world, my incorporation in the title was key.

Well I feel pretty witty about the title, but no promises for future things to be so witty. I hope you decide to follow. It's no fun writing a blog with no one out there reading it.   

1 comment:

  1. Hello Lia! I just wanted to let you know that I love your intro page. It's both classy and witty, with a pinch of magic thrown in. I enjoyed reading, and I feel like I am getting to know another side of you that I've never seen before, or at least I haven't seen enough of. I'm looking forward to following your blog, and reading everything you post on here. Don't be afraid to speak your mind on this blog just because I am reading it, or because other people you don't know are reading it. Say anything and everything you want to say, and make sure you have fun doing it Here's to your new blog! <3
    Your friend, Sophia

    ReplyDelete